09 May 2013

Update



Hi, guys! 
I’m very sorry for the lack of posts. 
I’ve been away for a few days and it feels like I’ve been gone for two weeks,
 that’s how many things I have to solve. Because I wasn’t able to take any outfit pics,
 I thought I’d make a post to let you know what I’ve been doing.  



This is an outfit that I wore last week to work.
 I promise you’ll see it in a proper outfit post soon, but I thought it would be...
fun and different to show it to you like this, also. Although is quite simple and minimalistic, some might say it’s a bold move, actually. Mixing navy with black is actually on the edge of do and don’t. Haven’t tried it before, so I thought I’d try it now. I love to experiment, mostly because you learn more from your mistakes, than from the things you haven’t done. I absolutely adore every single one of these pieces. My first love...this simple, minimalistic white clutch which I’ve been searching for months and months in every Zara store out there and ended up finding it on sale, last Summer. Loved it then, still loving it now! I simply love these chandelier earrings. Well, I love and have almost every single piece of jewelry H&M is selling, but that’s another story. Love the design and the chameleon reflexes. If we’re still in the accessories department, I have to confess that this cuff is still on My favorites list, even though I have it for almost two years, now. Again, I’ve been browsing the asos website and refreshing the jewelry page over and over for months and months, until I finally managed to find it in stock. Totally worth it, though!


I fell in love with these ankle-boots the moment I saw them online. 
I’ve been searching for a similar model since forever. Fortunately, they are extremely comfortable also, so I’m more than happy. Now let’s talk about the actual clothes. Long story short, been searching for a black pencil skirt since forever, found this beauty at H&M. Loving the length, even though it’s kinda difficult to walk in it. Also, this has to be the perfect crop top, ever. 
Love the fabric, the fit and the fact that it has long sleeves. 
I’m really digging this trend, I just think you have to find the right balance 
between how much skin you actually reveal.


Also...and this had to be the first thing on my list...
I hope you’ve spent a wonderful Easter day with your loved ones! 
As for the egg dying affair...well, it was a a huge failure this year. 
Until this year, my Easter eggs were always red. As they should be, if we keep in mind 
the origin of this tradition. It’s true that as a child I used to obsess on finding the cutest and colorful stickers to decorate my Easter eggs. I used to plan this activity with at least one month in advance. It was my favorite activity! As you may say, I haven’t evolved much... As I was saying, I had a strong belief that the Easter eggs should be red and nothing but red. Until this year. After listening to everyone bragging about their glittery, shiny and colorful eggs, I decided to buy this pearly colorful dye, also. Big mistake. Biiiig big big mistake. Saturday, the day before Easter, the moment I got home from work I started preparing the eggs for the dying process. Though it looked simple on paper, it was a hell of a lot of work, especially in terms of cleaning afterwards. 
To my disappointment, my Easter eggs looked like this in the end. My mother said they look like they were made by a 12 year’old with no taste whatsoever and I have to agree. 
I swore my Easter eggs won’t be other than red for the rest of my life.   



As I was telling you earlier, I’ve been away for a few...wonderful days with my boyfriend. We visited the Eastern part of the country and if I haven’t said it before, 
I will say it now: I love my country!


 I’ve been to a few places in my life, but I haven’t seen so much natural beauty as I’ve seen home. We’ve been blessed with the best! 
Too bad we don’t seem to appreciate it as we should.


 Anyway, it was wonderful...so peaceful and relaxing, 
I really needed this. Unfortunately I wasn’t in the mood to touch the camera, 
so the only pics I took were these, with my phone.





Also, I was in the mood of something sweet, today, so I prepared this home made tiramisu. 
I love this kind of recipes. So easy to do and so tasty!
 

Ingredients for 8 portions: 

500 g Mascarpone 
5 extrafresh eggs 
400 g ladyfinger biscuits 
120 g sugar bitter
cocoa powder for dusting 
600 ml of Italian espresso coffee 
Rum and vanilla sugar for extra flavor

Difficulty: very easy
Time: 30 min.



Let me tell you a few things about the ingredients, first. 
Try, please try to find this particular brand of mascarpone. It’s the best! 
Believe me, I’ve tried this recipe with various mascarpone creams and the taste can’t be compared. Also, I am extremely lucky to have my grandparents living in the countryside, so I only use fresh...home made eggs. Again, you can clearly see the difference in taste 
and flavor especially when it comes to cakes and sweets. 
As for those two extra flavors: vanilla sugar and rum, I have to admit: I am a flavor junky.
 I tend to add tons of flavors to my dishes. Cinnamon goes with almost every dessert (not this one, though) Also, everyone loves the way I spice the steaks! 
So, please, add vanilla sugar to the egg yolk and mascarpone mix and a few drops 
of rum in the coffee. You’ll thank me later!



Make enough Italian espresso coffee to soak the ladyfinger biscuits (at least 400 ml).
 Pour into a bowl, then sugar to taste and leave to cool. 
Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff and add half of the amount of sugar.



Beat the egg yolks together with half of the sugar to obtain a pale,
 fluffy and creamy mixture.



Fold in the mascarpone and whisk into a smooth cream.


Using a wooden spoon gently add the beaten egg whites 
to the mascarpone and egg yolk mixture, mixing from the bottom upwards.


Your tiramisu cream is now complete.



Place the ladyfinger biscuits in a container and start to wet them with the coffee.


Cover the ladyfinger biscuits with a layer of mascarpone cream, 
spread even with a spatula and dust with bitter cocoa powder.
Now arrange a second layer of ladyfinger biscuits.


Cover with the remaining cream and spread even.



Once you have completed this operation, dust the top of the tiramisu generously with bitter cocoa powder and chill in the fridge for a few hours to allow the dessert to set.



Wait, don’t go! I have another recipe for you, guys! 
Remember the coffee you made for the tiramisu? I hope you weren’t planning to throw away the leftovers! The coffee grounds is one of the best natural ingredient that works wonders for your skin. Not only does it fight against the stubborn cellulite, but it also leaves you with a smooth and soft baby skin. So, let me tell you about my favorite body scrub. 
I’ve given up buying scrubs, exfoliators and all sorts of gommages, years ago. 
Tons of money spent and no results! I discovered this recipe and I thought I’d share it with you, guys, today! Most of you already know and use it, but still. 


 All you need is: coffee grounds, olive oil and corn flour.


 So, use the coffee leftovers you have from the tiramisu, add corn flour and extra virgin olive oil 
until the dry ingredients are soaked.


 Mix well and apply it generously on your body, using light circular movements.
 Insist on the problem areas, such as thighs, stomach, buttocks, elbows and knees. 
Rinse with warm water and enjoy your fabulous skin! 


Enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...